Here are the top 5 hikes in Snowdonia:
- Snowdon: The highest mountain in Wales, Snowdon offers a challenging hike with stunning views of the surrounding area. There are several routes to the summit, including the Pyg Track, the Miners’ Track, and the Llanberis Path.
- Cadair Idris: Another of Snowdonia’s highest peaks, Cadair Idris offers a strenuous hike with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The Pony Path and the Minffordd Path are the most popular routes to the summit.
- Glyder Fawr: This hike takes you to the summit of Glyder Fawr, one of the most popular peaks in the Glyderau range. The route is challenging but offers stunning views of the surrounding area.
- Tryfan: Known for its distinctive shape and rocky terrain, Tryfan offers a challenging hike with panoramic views of the surrounding area. The North Ridge and the South Ridge are the most popular routes to the summit.
- The Watkin Path: This challenging hike takes you to the summit of Snowdon via the Watkin Path, which offers stunning views of the surrounding area
Please note that these are challenging hikes, and it’s essential that hikers are properly prepared with the right equipment, and have knowledge of the routes and the weather forecast before setting off. It’s also important to be aware of the local regulations regarding hiking and camping in the area